Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pittsburgh, PA

My father is a Pittsburgh native and a while back he saw a panorama of Pittsburgh on the internet and thought it would look nice on his wall in his home office. With Pittsburgh being only 4 hours away, on December 7, 2009 I packed up and headed that way. I had planned the shots I wanted to get by searching Flickr, Google Earth, and looking over a Pittsburgh map. I was hoping for good weather but found none. I left the house and on the way up it began snowing. When I arrived in Pittsburgh the afternoon was heavily overcast, windy and cold. I started at the bottom of the Dusquesne Incline. I lugged my equipment on the incline. I rode to the top and shot the first panorama from the observation deck. When I got home I stitched the Panorama using Hugin and post-processed the image in Lightroom 3 Beta and as always click on the photo to see a larger version.



After getting this shot I headed over to one of Dad's Alma Mater's, the University of Pittsburgh to the Cathedral of Learning. I shot several pictures of this wonderful building but was not happy with the results. I am still working on the pictures so hopefully I can get something.

I planned the day so I would arrive in late afternoon and with dark falling early in December I was able to get some night shots before returning home.

This is the other shot I took. This is taken from in front of Heinz Field looking out toward Point Park. Again this image was shot using the Panosaurus head, stitched using Hugin, and post processed in Lightroom 3 beta.



Thanks and Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment